Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Have you read it yet????

Have you? I have! The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is available to read for free online until July 5!  After that you'll have to buy it (which I will anyway-hello, it goes to my set).  I read it yesterday.  It's only 192 pages, so it's an easy read.  I have to say I really liked it, except that Edward was almost not even in it.  Sheesh.  Of course we all know the outcome (well, those of us who read the series know, and if you haven't, why not?), but it was really interesting to read about the world from the POV of a vampire not involved with the Cullens or Volturi.  While it didn't involve Edward much (seriously?  He's the reason I read those books), I found it surprisingly well written.  You all know I'm not a fan of Stephanie Meyer's writing.  She has a good story, I just don't think she's a very good writer.  This novella however was well written and the characters well fleshed out.  I give it a thumbs up (it would be 2 if it had more Edward).  Now if she would only finish Midnight Sun.  Really, Stephanie, it's been 2 years, get over it and finish the damn book.  Please.








3 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I haven't read it yet! Saw it in the bookstore in Houston, but passed by b/c my carryon was already too heavy. ;)

Samantha said...

Read and loved it. Left me wanting more as always. I, too, wish she would finish Midnight Sun! Very interesting to find the Volturi making an early entrance in the storyline, though.

Liz Mays said...

Thank you! For free?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...