Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Dear So and So: The idiot neighbors edition

Dear So and So...

Let me preface this by saying I'm not talking about any of my personal neighbors.  I actually happen to have a great stairwell and get along quite well with them all.  And none of them read my blog, so I don't have to say this, I'm just letting you, gentle reader, know.  These are things I've observed in other buildings around us when I take my dogs out at night.  We good?  Okay then.


Dear Idiot Neighbors #1,

I am so glad I don't live in your building.  Do you really think it's a good idea to put what I'm assuming were gym shoes in the dryer at midnight?  I was a good 150 feet from your building yet I could clearly hear the thump, thump, thump in the dryer.  If I lived in your building I would have gone down to the laundry room and turned the dryer off.  If you have to dry shoes in the dryer, do it during the day.

So glad I don't live in your building,
MIHH


Dear Idiot Neighbor #2,

Taking trash and recycling out at 1 am is not cool. Sure, sure, I know it needs to go out, but when you're tossing glass into the bin, it is LOUD. You do know that glass bin is right outside several buildings' bedroom window, right? Take your damn garbage out during the day. Plus, it scared Arf and I couldn't get him to do his business, which is a real problem for me.

So glad I don't live in your building,
MIHH


Dear Idiot neighbor #3,

Parking is an issue here. A real issue. If there is not an open visitor spot in front of your building it is NOT cool to park your car so that it blocks the assigned space of another apartment. If you had blocked my car, I would have called the MP's and have you ticketed. I know you may have to walk an extra 50 feet if you park your car down the block in one of the 7 (yes, I counted) visitor spaces there, but trust me, it's a lot cheaper than a ticket.

So glad I don't live in your building,
MIHH


Dear Idiot neighbors in general,

You guys are the reason stairwell living is so hard for many people. You do not live in a private home. You live in a building with 11 other families. Try to remember that and everyone's lives will be better.

Shaking my head at your idiocy,
MIHH


Dear Chinese web site people who keep hacking my comments,

I hate you. You're making me do the thing I do not want to do! I'm sorry my lovely readers, but for a while I'm going to have to turn back on the word verification on my comments. I know, I know! They are the WORST, but I'm afraid for now at least I'm going to have to do it.

So sorry,
MIHH


7 comments:

Captain Cleavage said...

hahaha! My neighbor asked me the other day to "do something about my baby" because when my 5 month old wakes up at 6:30...she wakes her up as well.

I told her i would get right on that. lol

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oy, the Japanese spam people are after me. Same post, every day, more than once. I just delete them as soon as I see one come to my email. But do they really think that people are going to click on their sites from those crap comments??

Allison said...

Some people are just not okay.

I get spammers a lot trying to sell steak. I have to admit it's a little funny. They're put a comment like "give that neighbor a steak!" and link to their website.

Kinda funny.

Kinda.

Satakieli said...

LOL on the gym shoes!

They put up those concrete things along the gates that face out onto the main street because we had to call the MP's almost every day about some guy parking his car there, so close I couldn't get the stroller out of the gate! He was visiting a neighbour whose husband is deployed (oooooh drama.)

So glad our downstairs neighbours from hell are moving at the end of this year!

CiCi said...

I have lived in apartments often and you are so right about the inconsiderate things neighbors do at inopportune times, like in the middle of the night. It is amusing to read your post now but mostly because I am not in an apartment now. As for word verification, I am used to it and I have chosen to keep it on my blog since I started my blog four years ago. Congrats on POTW.

shrink on the couch said...

Are you sure you aren't talking to my teen son, with the shoes in the dryer at midnight? Oh, that's right, I live in a house, probably a thousand miles from you.

Everyday Goddess said...

great use of the so and so!

i gave you one of my goddess awards which you can collect anytime soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...